- To stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment of History amongst pupils.
- To cultivate a sense of the past through the knowledge of events, people, motives and outcomes.
- To help pupils to develop an appreciation of how we gain knowledge about the past and perceive History in the
- context of a wider body of knowledge, vocabulary and skills.
- To encourage open, enquiring minds and the development of informed opinions, supported by reasoned arguments.
- To encourage the reading of serious historical literature.
- To encourage and develop the skills of analysis, judgement and extended writing.