About New Forest School
Aims and Ethos
New Forest School’s Vision
Vision, Ethos and Aims
In a safe and secure environment New Forest School supports and guides the students, engages them in life-long learning experiences, and builds their capacity to make a positive contribution to society.
The aims of the school are to:
- support, promote and re-engage students in learning so that they may achieve their full academic and personal potential
- welcome each student into a caring, safe community which celebrates individual talents, praises achievement and effort and provides for individual needs
- teach respect for the beliefs and opinions of others
- promote positive behaviour amongst the students and to help them make a positive contribution to society
- guide the students towards social and economic independence
- provide a safe, secure and stable base for the students and to help protect them from harm
- support and promote the health of the students
“New Forest School provides a good quality of education and meets its aims.”
Ofsted Inspector July 2012
Our ethos is represented by a set of values we hope to instil in each of our students, and which is modelled by every member of staff working at the school.